For The Apricot Sauce
2 tbsp chopped apricots (kummani/jardalu), soaked in water for 15 minutes
1 tsp sugar
For The Cookies
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp vanaspati
3 tbsp powdered sugar
Few drops orange essence
Few drops orange colour
50 gms plain flour (maida)
30 gms whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1 tbsp curds (dahi)
Butter for greasing
For the apricot sauce
1) Grind the soaked apricots and sugar in a mixer to a smooth paste.
2) Heat this paste on a medium flame in a kadhai till it thickens. Keep aside.
For the cookies
1) Mix the butter and vanaspati in a deep bowl and whip well till it becomes smooth paste.
2) Add the sugar, orange essence, orange food colour and again whip well.
3) Add maida and wheat flour and mix well with a beater.
4) Add the curds and mix with hand to form a dough.
5) Fill this in a piping bag fitted with the star nozzle and pipe out the cookies on a greased baking tray.
6) Top these cookies with 1/4 tsp of prepared apricot sauce and bake in a preheated oven at 140°c for 15-20 minutes.
7) Remove on a wire rack and allow to cool.
8) Use as required.
Contributed By : Mrs. Rekha Warrior